Standing Strong in Perilous Times

The Bible says in 2 Timothy 3:1, "But know this, that in the last days, there will be perilous times."
We are in the last days, and these are perilous times.  All you have to do is look at the world around you and you will know that we are in perilous times.  For example, two devastating earthquakes in Haiti and in Japan.  Evil leaders in Libya and Egypt. Quarreling among various countries.
You can also tell it by looking at people.

In 2 Timothy 3:2-5, the apostle Paul warns us, "Men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying its power."

The Bible also says that there will be wars and rumors of wars, famine, earthquakes, and floods.
If you don't notice that all this stuff it going on today, you must be blind!

I've never liked hearing about all the evil stuff that's going on in the world.  When I hear about it, it disturbs me, frightens me, and I want to cover my ears and run away from it all.  That's one reason I like watching movies that end with, "...and they all lived happily ever after," because I can hide away from everything.  But then reality sets in after the movie is over, and I am back to real life.  I will never be able to run away from the things of this world.

Maybe you are dealing with the same thing.  When you hear bad reports on things that are going on in the world, do you pray for it, or try to run away from it?

I'm not judging anyone, because I deal with the same thing myself.  Instead of praying for the situation, I try to avoid it as much as I can.  What we really need to do is not only pray, but also ask God to help us to remain peaceful.  Read the Bible after you hear something disturbing, and look up what God has to say about it.

Romans 12:2 says,  "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."  So you can listen to the news, but not to be conformed to the world by it.

We need to be aware of what is going on in the world, so that we can pray for all the situations.  Constantly feed yourself with the Word of God, so that you can be prepared, equipped, and encouraged.  Keep telling yourself to stand strong!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Strong Against Temptation

Book Spotlight - To Slay a Curse by Rae Graham

The Battle Between the Poverty and Prosperity Gospels