Seven Ways to Say "No"

So I have been reading this amazing book called Ten Time Bombs by Ron Hucthcraft.  I admit that when I pick up a non-fiction book, I usually start it and not finish it.  I get more hooked on books by Dandi Daley Mackall (who happens to be my ultimate favorite woman fiction author) and Jerry B. Jenkins (my favorite guy author).  But Ron Hutchcraft has gotten me hooked on his book, and I have been spending more time reading that than any of my exciting, suspenseful mystery books.  

This book is for both teens and parents of teens, and it teaches on how to "defuse the most explosive pressures teenagers face" in a Christian's perspective.  He brings up topics like friends, family relationships, sex, things that make you angry, things that make you depressed, things that make you hurt, and the lonely times.   I have to say that I am really impressed in this author's writing talent, and it seems as if he's actually talking to you.

I just finished reading a chapter called, "The Play-Doh Squeeze: Letting Your Friends Decide Who You Are".  Hutchcraft was talking about "Play-Doh people".  He defines Play-Doh people as people who  conform to be like whatever group they're hanging out with at the moment.  Then, he defines "Rock people" as people who stand their ground and will always be themselves, no matter how many times a certain group tries to "squeeze" them.

Hutchcraft also brought up the topic of saying, "No," to people.  He listed seven positive ways to say "no":

1. "I want to stay in mint condition."
2. "My motto is 'No regrets.'"
3. "The Inventor knows best."
4. "My 'Coach' doesn't want me to."
5. "No viruses in my computer."
6. "The tape is always running."
7. "It would hurt Someone Who loves me a lot."

So, the next time someone tries to get you to do something wrong, you can remember these seven ways to say no to them in a positive way that will make them think.

Remember, "Today's choices are tomorrow's memories, and tomorrow's judgement."  -Ron Hutchcraft
Choose what you do today wisely, and God will reward you for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Strong Against Temptation

Book Spotlight - To Slay a Curse by Rae Graham

The Battle Between the Poverty and Prosperity Gospels