Psalm 56

1 O God, have mercy on me,
   for people are hounding me.
   My foes attack me all day long.
2 I am constantly hounded by those who slander me,
   and many are boldly attacking me.
3 But when I am afraid,
   I will put my trust in you.
4 I will praise God for what he has promised.
   I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
   What can mere mortals do to me?
5 They are always twisting what I say;
   they spend their days plotting to harm me.
6 They come together to spy on me-
   watching my every step, eager to kill me.
7 Don't let them get away with their wickedness;
   in your anger, O God, bring them down.
8 You keep track of all my sorrows.
   You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
   You have recorded each one in your book.
9  My enemies will retreat when I call to you
     for help.
     This I know; God is on my side!
10  I praise God for what he has promised;
      yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
11  I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
      What can mere mortals do to me?
12  I will fulfill my vows to you, O God,
      and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.
13  For you have rescued me from death;
      you have kept my feet from slipping.
      So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
      in your life-giving light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Strong Against Temptation

Book Spotlight - To Slay a Curse by Rae Graham

Get Rid of Distractions!