Change

Change -

Verb: to make or become different.

Noun: the act or instance of making or becoming different. 

Change. This word has been coming to me a lot lately. I feel like God is changing me from the inside out. He has been using my parents and others around me to see all the things in me I need to change.

I have struggled with change my whole life. I hated change. I didn't want to move across the state. I didn't want to have to make a whole new set of friends. I didn't want to change anything. Most people don't.

Recently, I realized I needed to start growing up and welcome change instead of running from it. I have been changing my attitudes and my habits. I have had to ask God to help me because I cannot change on my own. He has been showing me things I need to change everyday!

The Bible has a lot to say about change. Here are just a few verses:

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." - Ezekiel 36:26

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven...."
- Ecclesiastes 3:1

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day." - 2 Corinthians 4:16

"Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed..."
- 1 Corinthians 15:51

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." -Romans 12:2

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." - 2 Corinthians 5:17

If we are not changing our old sinful nature often, it means we are not willing to change.  If we are not willing to change, God cannot bless us the way He would like to bless us. We will be held back from receiving an abundance of blessings.

I don't mean you need to reinvent yourself. God created you to be unique. You need to be yourself, but you do need to change your old sinful nature, your habits and attitudes. If you're not in God's will, you need to ask Him if there is something you need to change. He will show it to you if you seek Him!



Lastly, do not be afraid of change. Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

We need to welcome change instead of running from it! Ask God for help. Then allow Him to bless you through it!

Before you go, check out this song by Phil Joel! I think it will encourage you!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Strong Against Temptation

Book Spotlight - To Slay a Curse by Rae Graham

Get Rid of Distractions!