Waiting Patiently

Just recently I was searching for a summer job.  I already had a cleaning job with my mom, but she said it would be good if I had a job where I was actually interacting with the public.
So, I went to work trying to find a job, with the help of my parents.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much luck.  I looked around, but couldn't find very many places that I was actually interested in, and the places I was weren't hiring.  Then I found a well-known amusement park that I really liked. Luckily, they were hiring. I filled out an application and set up an interview. When I went in the administrative building, there was a lady who started talking to my family and I about how she made the costumes for the place.

When my interviewer called me in, and I was getting up from my chair, the lady said to me, "Use your gifts and talents for God, sweetheart." She then turned to my interviewer and pointed at me, saying, "She's the one for the job."  I was really excited and nervous. It was my first interview, and I thought for sure I was going to get the job, by the way the lady was acting, and I could just feel God's presence in the place.

Well, just imagine how I felt when I walked out with no job. I felt really discouraged. I started crying- not because I didn't get the job, but because it felt like I was never going to get hired by someone. It felt like I couldn't possibly find a better job.
But then I got encouraged when my family comforted me. My dad told me that I was getting turned down at all these different places because God had something much better for me. That was the truth for sure.

The same day of the interview, my dad came home with an application for a bakery/cafe. He said they were going to hire soon, and I filled that app out and set up an interview with the manager. I felt total peace about the job when I went inside the place the week after. The interview went well, and I walked out to Mom, feeling really excited. That same day, the manager called me back. When I hung up,  I went out in the living room and told my family, "I got the job!"

Maybe you're in a situation like mine. Maybe you're trying to wait patiently on something, but you're having trouble. Be of good courage! If God wants you to have that something, it will get there, but it might not be in your timing; it'll be in God's.
Remember these verses:

"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry."
~Psalm 40:1~

"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land."
~Psalm 37:7-9~

"But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
~Isaiah 40:31~

Stand strong when you are waiting on God, and be patient!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Strong Against Temptation

Book Spotlight - To Slay a Curse by Rae Graham

The Battle Between the Poverty and Prosperity Gospels