Slow Down, Stop, and Listen to God!

Life has been pretty crazy for me lately. That's why I haven't written a post in a long time. Now since I have finished up all my schoolwork, I can start posting on here more.

A few days ago, I went to a potluck for the local homeschooled graduates. The woman who organized the potluck rounded all the seniors up for a game.

There were 13 graduates all together, and she divided us up in groups of two with one guy and one girl. She then told us what we had to do. The girl had to sit in a wheelbarrow and give directions to their blindfolded partner, who had to steer the wheelbarrow through obstacles.

It was very hilarious to watch the blindfolded guys trying to steer the girls, who were yelling, "Go left! Now go right! Okay, run straight forward! Go left! No, go LEFT!!"

When it was I and my partner's turn, I thought it would be easier than it really was. I found myself getting frustrated when I told him, "Go left!", and he was barely turning. We crashed into the obstacle (don't worry, it was just like a small wastebasket or something). Then he pushed us past the obstacle, and I had to tell him to turn around. Finally, with a little help from some of the parents, we finally came to the finish line with a time of 63 seconds. We were second to last.

I kept laughing about the whole situation- I still do.

But there was one thing that hit me.  I pictured me trying to steer the wheelbarrow and God sitting in it, telling me which way to go. But would I be able to take His instructions very well? Would I be like my partner, who thought he was going the right way, when he wasn't?

Sometimes we think we're going the right way, but truth is, we never slowed down and listened to which way God was telling us to go. That's when we run into obstacles and problems in life. All because we didn't listen to God.

Next time you try to do something on your own, please think about this analogy I've given you. Will you be the guy who listened to their partner well and won or will you be the guy who didn't listen and went his own way?

Slow down, stop, and listen to God!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standing Strong Against Temptation

Book Spotlight - To Slay a Curse by Rae Graham

Get Rid of Distractions!